Promoting 3R principles through quality science and education.
The Swiss 3R Competence Centre (3RCC) promotes the principles of 3R (reduction, refinement and replacement of animal experimentation) in Switzerland and facilitates their implementation in life sciences, focusing on research, education and communication.
- Application deadline: 21 January 2019
- Information on the call, application guidelines, application form
- Max. amount: CHF 1.200,000/year, equally divided among the 3 Rs
- Max. duration: 3 years More information on 3RCC research funding
About UsThe Swiss 3R Competence Centre, a not-for-profit association located in Bern, promotes research, education and communication for the replacement, reduction and refinement of animal experimentation (3R principles). The Swiss 3RCC, founded in March 2018, is a joint initiative of academia, the industry, regulators, the government and animal welfare associations. The partners include 11 universities and higher education institutions from Switzerland, the Swiss association of the pharmaceutical industry (Interpharma), the Swiss Federal Food Safety and Veterinary Office (FSVO) and the Swiss Animal Protection (SAP). The 3RCC is a scientific centre of national importance working on a non-commercial basis according to article 15 of the Federal Act on the Promotion of Research and Innovation (RIPA), and benefits from the support of the Swiss State Secretariat for Education, Research and Innovation (SERI). SERI as well as the Swiss Federal Office of Public Health (FOPH) are observer members of the 3RCC association. What are the 3Rs?
ActivitiesThe Swiss 3R Competence Centre:
- Promotes high-quality research and care for animals by subsidizing scientific projects of excellence and quality on the 3R principles.
- Develops a 3R education strategy targeted at different educational programmes.
- Builds a network and communication platform and providing up-to-date information on 3R alternative methods to animal experimentation to stakeholders and all those involved and/or interested on alternatives to animal experimentation.
Latest 3R news
- 3RCC call for projects: Open Day 22 November 2018
- International Guidance Document N. 286 on Good In Vitro Method Practices (GIVIMP)
- Report on legitimate animal testing alternatives in cosmetics
Stay In Touch
If you are interested in getting fresh insights on the 3Rs sign up to our monthly newsletter.