Online application portal opens on the 7th of October 2019
Outline application is due by the end of the 3rd of November 2019 (23:59)
The Swiss 3RCC is proud to announce the next Open Call for 2019. With an increase in the amount of funding available this year (CHF 1,375,000), another year of the Swiss 3RCC, and the ever-growing awareness of the importance of research and education about the 3Rs principle, we hope to have even more enthusiasm from applicants around Switzerland.
The 3RCC Open Call for Projects addresses applied and basic research projects that support the development, optimization, application, implementation, or education of new or modified 3Rs approaches, methods and technologies. It aims at subsidising each of the 3Rs (Replacement, Reduction or Refinement). High-quality projects that have impact on the 3Rs and bring clear benefits as compared to existing methodologies will be favoured. Collaborative projects are encouraged including collaboration between institutions, international collaboration and collaboration with industry.
Have a look at the timeline below for information on the tentative deadlines and internal processes:
Since last year’s call we have made a number of improvements to the application forms and guidelines; so here are the top 10 things you should know about the 3RCC Open Call 2019:
- We now have an online platform to submit, modify and manage your applications to the 3RCC.
- This year’s application process is separated into two stages.
- At the first stage, applicants should fill out an Outline Application; an overview of the project’s main ideas and potential impact on the 3Rs.
- Selected outlines are reviewed and a selection will then be invited for a Full Application.
- The maximum funding the applicant can request is CHF 400,000, over the project’s complete duration.
- The maximum project duration is 3 years.
- The lead applicant should be from a public and non-profit research institute within Switzerland. Industry partners can apply in collaboration with an eligible lead applicant, and must contribute adequately (e.g., in-kind) to the research project.
- At minimum, the lead applicant should hold a PhD in a relevant field to their project proposal.
- The 3RCC is here to help you write the best application you can.
- You can ask us questions or leave comments at funding@swiss3RCC.org.