Open call for projects 2018
The 3RCC Open Call for Projects addresses applied and basic research projects that support the development, optimization, application and implementation of new or modified 3Rs approaches, methods and technologies. The selected projects are expected to:
• Have high impact on the implementation of the 3Rs;
• Improve for a given purpose(s), the reliability (e.g., reproducibility, robustness), relevance (e.g. accuracy, mechanistic, complexity, species of interest) and/or animal welfare as compared to existing methodologies;
• Have a clear dissemination plan to the scientific community and lay audience.
The 3RCC Open Call aims at subsidising at least one project for each of the 3Rs (Replacement, Reduction or Refinement). High-quality projects that have impact on the 3Rs and bring clear benefits as compared to existing methodologies will be favoured. Collaborative projects between institutions are encouraged, albeit the lead organization should be a Swiss-based public research institution.
The maximum funding duration is foreseen to be of three years. The proposed budget should be clearly justified and below the indicated maximum amount. Infrastructure and overhead costs are not covered by the 3RCC grants. The applications received within the application deadline will be evaluated by the 3RCC Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) in consultation with external reviewers if needed. The final decision on the projects to be funded will be taken by the 3RCC Strategic Board based on the SAB review of the projects and their proposed budgets. The necessary ethical approvals (e.g., licenses for animal testing, for the use of embryonic stem cells, etc.) must be in place for funds to be released.
Application process 2018
- Consult the Application Guidelines for Project Grants for more details on the information to be provided.
- Send electronic version of completed Application Form (in English) to email@example.com.
- You will receive a confirmation of your application by email.
- Applicants will be informed about acceptance/rejection.
More information on the call. For any further information or questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 031 631 5622.